September 2016 - Present
All work details are under NDA.
Lecturer in Summer Session
UC Berkeley EECS Department
June 2016 - August 2016
I was a co-lecturer for CS 61BL with Alan Yao. We worked on structuring clear course policies and infrastructure, hired an excellent staff of 9 TAs and 4 tutors, and led curriculum building/revision. I was also excited by the opportunity to mentor new staff members.
CS 61B Undergraduate Student Instructor & Head TA
UC Berkeley CS 61B
May 2014 - May 2016
For five semesters, I taught lab and discussion sections, held office hours, answered questions on Piazza, and proctored/graded exams. As head TA, I helped instructors with the logistics of running the course.
- CS 61BL Summer 2014 with Edwin Liao
- Built course websites and maintained GitHub organization
- Revised material and created new labs/homework assignments such as Git & Packages (lab10) with Joseph Moghadam, Intro to Bits (lab28) with Leo Colobong, and Bloom Filters (lab30)
- Organized lab assistants
- CS 61B Fall 2014 with Profs. Paul Hilfinger & Josh Hug
- Taught the CS Scholars section
- Answered bug-submits
- CS 61B Spring 2015 with Prof. Josh Hug
- Led staff of 23 TAs and 24 readers
- Built course website
- Met with struggling students & handled exceptions
- CS 61B Fall 2015 with Prof. Paul Hilfinger
- CS 61B Spring 2016 with Prof. Josh Hug
- Led staff of 27 TAs and 22 tutors
Software Engineering Intern
June 2015 - August 2015
I interned on the Calendar/Contacts/Reminders team. All work details are under NDA. My partners (Dickson Tsai, Lawrence Murata) and I also submitted an idea abstract to the Apple Intern iContest. Our team was one of thirteen chosen from a pool of 66 teams (178 interns) to code our idea and present it at the finals.
CS 375 Undergraduate Student Instructor
UC Berkeley CS 375
April 2015 - August 2015
CS 375 (Instructor: Victor Huang) is a teaching pedagogy course for new EECS department TAs. The other TAs and I organized faculty guest lectures for a speaker series on teaching and education. We also read self-reflections and gave teaching advice to new TAs.
Web Design Decal Teaching Assistant
UC Berkeley CS 198
December 2013 - June 2015
- Taught hands-on sections during lecture
- Held office hours and answered questions
- Graded homework/projects
- Handled logistics involved with running the course
Student Assistant - Web Development/Design
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
December 2013 - July 2014